UCAYM scholarship applications must be submitted by 01 February 2016.
For the first time in 19 years the United States of America is proud to host the 2016 World Tunnel Congress in San Francisco. This conference provides you with an outstanding technical program and connects you with tunnel professionals from around the world. The UCA of SME Young Members (UCAYM) Scholarship for WTC 2016 Attendance has been established to encourage student attendance of this renowned conference where students can experience firsthand the challenges, opportunities, and rewards of a career in the field of tunneling and underground construction.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- Student registration for WTC 2016 with full access to the technical sessions and exhibit hall (www.wtc2016.us)
- Invitations to the Welcome Reception, UCAYM Networking Event, and the Scholarship Recipient Orientation at WTC 2016
- A one-year student membership to UCA of SME (www.smenet.org/uca-of-sme/membership/overview)
- Travel assistance to the conference based on expenses incurred for airfare, hotel, ground transportation, and meals up to $1,000
01 December 2015 - Begin accepting applications
01 February 2016 - Application deadline
22-28 April 2016 - WTC 2016
All WTC 2016 Conference Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate students or undergraduate students having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Attend a school that is ABET-accredited
- Pursuing a BS, MS or PhD degree in Tunneling, Civil, Geological, Mining or Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrate a desire for and a probability of success in a career in underground construction/tunneling
WTC 2016 Conference Scholarship applications must be submitted online through SME’s scholarship application portal and include:
- Online application
- Short statement (250 words or less) describing your interest in/passion for a career in tunneling/underground construction and what you hope to gain from attending the conference
- Contact information for two references
- Resume detailing past education and work experience
- Copy of most recent transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
The scholarship will be awarded based on an evaluation by a WTC 2016 Conference Scholarship Committee and approved by the Executive Committee of UCA of SME. Note that due to the UCA of SME’s focus, preference will be given to students enrolled in U.S. universities.
Questions about WTC 2016 UCAYM Scholarships?
For more information, please contact
WTC 2016 UCAYM Scholarships
12999 E. Adam Aircraft Circle
Englewood, CO 80112